- Strong sense of business – A fashion designer needs to understand budgets, sales, marketing and operations to be able to get designs produced and sold.
- Strong visualization skills – In the initial stages, designs are usually sketched, which are used later to create prototypes. It is important to be able to Fashion express your vision for the design through illustration.
- Communication skills – There are some people involved in the creation of designer piece. A fashion designer must know how to effectively communicate with his or her team members.
- Technological know-how – Fashion designers use technology to design. They must be able to use computer-aided design (CAD) programs and be comfortable with graphics editing software.
- Creativity – Fashion designers work with a variety of fabrics, shapes, and colors. Their ideas must be unique, functional, and stylish. They should be able to come up with new ideas each season.
- Decision-making skills – Because they often work in teams, fashion designers are exposed to many ideas. They must be able to decide which ideas to incorporate into their designs.
- Detail oriented – Fashion designers must have a good eye for minute differences in color and other details that can make a design stand out.
- Knowledgeable about trends – Trends are always evolving, and it is important for fashion designers to stay on top of them. It will reflect the kind of work they showcase.
- The sense of competition – The ablest designers continually strive to outperform themselves as well as their competition to come up with innovative designs each season.
- Obsession with quality – The best people in the business do not compromise on the quality of their finished products – be it regarding the fabrics, ornaments, accessories or even thread.
Pearl Academy, one of India’s premier colleges, offers an array of undergraduate and post graduate courses in fashion designing.
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Styling and Image Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Business – Marketing & Merchandising
- Fashion Women’s Wear
- Fashion Styling